Like some other platforms besides Android, BlackBerry does not give you the same level of flexibility and choice as Android. Only a few apps are available for you on BlackBerry. Android apps are also restricted on BlackBerry.
Do you have a BlackBerry device? You don’t have to worry. Your BlackBerry now has access to the Google play store. I wrote this article for you. You will learn how to download the Google play store on your BlackBerry device as well as how to use it.
Having the Google play store installed, you can now easily access all the apps of your choice that you want to use. With BlackBerry’s app store, you don’t need to rely on limited apps anymore.
Before downloading the Google play store on your device, you should learn what the Google play store requires in order to work.
Specification of Google Play Store BlackBerry
||October 22, 2008
|Type of File
||OS 10.3 or better
Features of Google Play Store BlackBerry
Google play store BlackBerry comes with some amazing features. I have mentioned some important and significant features below. You can have a look at them.
- Google play store is easy and comes with direct interference.
- It contains millions of apps for you to download.
- The layout of the app is simply easy to navigate.
- There’s a search bar on the main screen. Besides this, the trending and new apps are also shown to keep the users updated with all the new and fire apps and games.
- Google play store automatically updates all the Android apps for you.
- It comes with verified apps. These apps are secure and safe for your device.
- The app does not allow any virus or malware to enter your device through it.
- The apps are arranged, making it easy to find the desired app for the users.
- The apps are set in different categories that the users can choose and navigate to find the desired app.
How to Download Google Play Store BlackBerry?
I have mentioned the whole process by which you can download the Google play store on your BlackBerry device. You need to follow the following steps in order to download the Google play store.
- Open the web browser on your BlackBerry device.
- In the search bar, search for Google Account and download from any site.
- Now, go to the phone’s settings.
- Open app manager in the settings.
- Now, click on installing apps and enable allow apps from other sources to install without any problem.
- After this, go to the downloaded file and install it on your BlackBerry.
- When the Google manager is installed, open it.
- Log in with your Google account. If you do not have a Google account, then signup for one and use it to log in.
- Open the web browser again and search for Google BlackBerry ID and download it too.
- When the file is downloaded, locate it and install it on your device.
- After the installation, again go to the browser and search for the Google play store for BlackBerry and download it.
- Locate the downloaded Google play store file and install.
- Wait for installation. When it’s completed, open it and enjoy the Android apps on your BlackBerry.
Alternatives of Google Play Store
If you do not want to use the Google play store, there are many more amazing and great Android apps. You can use it instead of the Google play store. I have listed a few below.
- Amazon App Store
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get Google play on my BlackBerry?
You can install Google play store on your BlackBerry with an OS 10.3 or above. You need to download and install Google Account, Google BlackBerry ID, and Google Play Store. Install them and set your app.
How do I install Google play store on my BlackBerry Passport?
Follow the following steps to install Google play store on your BlackBerry Passport.
- Enable installing apps from unknown sources.
- Download Google account, Google BlackBerry ID, and Google play store.
- Locate the downloaded files and install a Google account. Log in with your Google account.
- Then, install Google BlackBerry ID.
- After all, install the Google Play store and enjoy it.
There are very few apps in the BlackBerry world. By downloading the Google play store on BlackBerry, you can access the Android world. The Android apps can be downloaded and installed once the Google play store is installed on your BlackBerry device. You can also update the apps through Google play store BlackBerry.